Fiedler Marciano Architecture with Mark Robbins
Built in 1898, the Bank of Syracuse was an innovative steel and concrete structure designed by Albert Brockway, an associate of architect Ernest Flagg. Over the years, the largely vacant building had lost most of its ornamental plaster and marble in successive alterations and was divided into a series of low, small offices.
After its acquisition in 2005, the building underwent selective demolition which exposed the historic vaulted ceiling of the former banking hall. The program includes, on the upper level, a long kitchen, with white Carrara marble counters, and bath that separate the bedroom from gallery and living space. It also features convertible furniture for studio work. The first floor is an open loft. It is rented to architects for office space.